Happy New Year!... and Hibernation Mode?
I hope everyone has had a joyous and restful holidays. It's a new year according to the calender, but with the transition into the dark and cold of Canadian winter it can sometimes be tricky to capture that rejuvenated, motivated feeling when many of us are perhaps feeling sluggish from too much indulgence over the holidays or maybe feel like going into hibernation until spring.
Rest as Preventative Medicine
If this sounds familiar, you are not alone! Winter is the season to rest, rejuvenate and discover the potency of stillness and receptivity. The desire to rest is very in keeping with the Yin energy of the winter season and getting plenty of sleep and taking it easy (like the trees and bears) is one way we can nourish ourselves, protect our reserves, regenerate our vital forces and live in harmony with the season while preparing the body for action and health in the spring.
If you need an extra boost this winter, we offer Acupuncture, Massage,and Yoga designed to enhance your seasonal wellness
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE CALL
- boost motivation and mood
- improve energy and sleep
- increase body temperature, improve circulation
- increase immunity, reduce frequency of colds & flu's
- alleviate back pain and sciatica
- neck, knee, hip and joint stiffness or pain
- alleviate anxiety, stress or burnout
- regulate digestion and appetite
- support for quitting smoking